A new Memory Café volunteer, Marc, joined us walking and wheeling (one woman used a walker) the wheelchair-accessible MargFMac Front Garden Loop (0.1 mile) in the hot ninety-degree sun yesterday. Highlights included:
- witnessing a decorated butterfly land on the coneflower pictured above, in the Cut Flower Garden,
- smelling the fragrant lilies and roses along the climbing Rose Arbor,
- picking and tasting fresh sugar-snap peas, in the Kitchen Garden,
- enjoying a beautiful garden view and the fresh air while picnicking, seated under the cooling shade of the cedar trees, at the café tables and chairs on the North Lawn,
- signing the guest book, each signature unique, representing the eight guests blessing the garden with their presence.
Our Memory Café program, started just this past Mother’s Day, in May, and continuing its first year through October, currently has one more opening for a dementia-care facility group to visit October 11. Email me (email@example.com) if you would like to learn more or you are interested in scheduling your group.
We welcome one dementia-care facility group and nine 24/7 dementia-care-at-home duos (dementia-care-partner and dementia-care-receiver) per Memory Café date, reflecting the reality that eighty percent of long-term dementia-care is provided by family members at home.
Moving forward with a listening heart,
vision, inquiry, and action,